Eric Freeman, MD FAAOS
Speciality: Shoulder & Knee Orthopedic Surgeon
A fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (FAAOS), SIO Managing Partner and Long Island orthopedic surgeon Eric Freeman specializes in arthroscopic surgery, in particular hip and knee procedures. He received his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School, where he was a member of the Honors Program in Medical Education, and did his postgraduate training in orthopedic surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he served as Chief Resident during his final year.
To further advance his knowledge and specialize his training, Dr. Freeman completed a fellowship in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine at Orthopedic Research of
Virginia. During his fellowship he served as Associate Physician with the Pittsburgh Steelers. A respected authority, Eric Freeman’s orthopedics research has been published in many journals, and presented at meetings and conferences.
When Dr. Freeman isn’t seeing patients, he’s an avid golfer and enjoys many of Nassau County’s courses. He even appeared in the 1999 Guinness Book of World Records for playing the most holes of golf in 12 hours: 466.
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 09/2002
- Recertified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 2012
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (FAAOS) 2004
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) 2006 – Present
- Nassau County Medical Society 2006-Present
Education & Experience
- Fellowship 07/1999-02/2000 – Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, ORV Richmond, VA
- Residency 07 /1994-08/1999 – Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, NY
- University and Medical School 09/87-06/1994 – Northwestern University 7 year HPME
- South Island Orthopedics, P.C. 02/01/00 – Present
- Chair, Department of Orthopedics Mercy Medical Center 3/12-5/18
- HPME Northwestern University 1987
- Guinness World Record Holder Most Golf Holes, 12 hours: 467 1999
Administrative Leadership Appointments
- Chair, Department of Orthopedic Surgery Mercy Medical Center 03/2012-05/2018
- School Physician, Molloy High School Current
- School Physician, Rockville Centre Schools 07/14-Current
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Allograft Tissue in Patients Over the Age of 40 Kuehle, D; Freeman, EL; et al. Arthroscopy. 2002 Oct 18(8): 845-853
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome Mastercases Hand and Wrist: Thieme Medical Publishers Page 80-86, Freeman EL, et. Al.
- The Role of Limited Posterior Release in the Management of selected Club Feet JBJS(A) Orthopedic Transactions: Vol 16:2-1992 Handelsman, J; Freeman, EL et. Al.
- Scintigraphic Patterns in Child Abuse
- Seminars In Nuclear Medicine (23) 32-1-333 1993 Conway, J, Freeman, EL
- “Still Kickin’ It”, https://issuu.com/antoncommunitynewspapers7/docs/healthy_living_1-13
- Poster Presentation
- Bone Density in Elderly Patients with Hip Fracture AAOS Annual Meeting 2000 – Orlando, Florida