Franklin Lee, D.O.
A native of Florida, Dr. Franklin Lee brings expertise in neck, spine, and general fractures to SIO to help patients live active and pain-free lives. He performs both minimally-invasive and complex open surgical procedures, using the most advanced surgical techniques, including robot-assisted surgery. He can provide care for all parts of the spine, as well as the most common
spine injuries and conditions.
Dr. Lee has a bachelor’s degree in Integrated Biology from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, and earned his Master’s in Biomedical Science from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, New Jersey. From there, he went on to medical school at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, FL, earning his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
Dr. Lee completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra University/Northwell at Plainview Hospital in Plainview, New York. This was followed by a fellowship in spine surgery at MedStar Health/Union Memorial Hospital and University of Maryland/St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Maryland.
Dr. Lee is active in the orthopedic medical community, having presented at multiple conferences as well as having research published in major medical journals. He’s also a member of multiple professional organizations, including the North American Spine Society, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Osteopathic Association, Nassau County Medical Society, and International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery.
When not caring for patients or performing surgeries, Dr. Lee is a self-described foodie who enjoys football and spending time at the beach.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- MedStar Health/Union Memorial Hospital – Baltimore, MD University of Maryland/St. Joseph Medical Center – Towson, MD Fellowship – Spine Surgery August 2020 – July 2021
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Plainview Hospital – Plainview, NY Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery July 2015 – June 2020
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Bradenton, FL Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine June 2015
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Newark, NJ Master of Biomedical Science May 2009
- University of Florida – Gainesville, FL Bachelor of Science, Integrated Biology May 2008
- South Island Orthopedics, PC – Cedarhurst, NY August 2021 – Present
- Mehta V, Lee F, Patel M and Katsigiorgis G. Case Report: Bilateral Anterior Glenohumeral Dislocations. Austin Orthop. 2016; 1(1): 1001.
- Lee F, Ganz M, Lentz J, Grewal K. Quadriplegia after MRI Under Anesthesia for Chance Fracture: A case report and Literature review. Presented at NYCOMEC Research Poster Competition. Poster Finalist. East Elmhurst, NY. June 6, 2018.
- Lee F, Ganz M, Lentz J, Grewal K. Quadriplegia after MRI Under Anesthesia for Chance Fracture: A case report and Literature review. Presented at Plainview Hospital Academic Day Poster Competition. Plainview, NY. June 26, 2018.
- Sarwahi V, Wendolowski S, Galina J, Lee F, Thornhill B, Lo Y, Maguire K, Amaral T. Touched Vertebra on Standing Xray is a Good Predictor for Lowest Instrumented Vertebra. Touched Vertebra on Prone Xray is Better. Presented at North American Spine Society Annual Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. September 27, 2018.
- Galina J, Lee F, Lui D, Yu H, Benton A, Khoyratty S, Wendolowki S, Sarwahi V, Molloy S. Risk Factors for Proximal Junctional Kyphosis in Scheuermann’s Kyphosis. Presented at North American Spine Society Annual Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. September 27, 2018.
- North American Spine Society 2018 – Present
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2015 – Present
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics 2015 – Present
- American Osteopathic Association 2011 – Present
- Nassau County Medical Society 2021 – Present
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery 2021 – Present