We understand that since Covid-19, it has not been easy for you, your families, and our local community, and we wanted to thank you for your continued loyalty to South Island Orthopedics. We appreciate your continued patience as we navigate our path forward in our new normal.
Providing You Care and Confidence
Some changes we have implemented to keep you and your family safe include:
- Enhancements to our cleanliness and sanitization measures – Our office will continue to implement thorough enhanced cleaning procedures throughout the day to ensure all areas including high-contact surfaces are properly cleaned. In addition, we will continue to perform deep overnight cleanings daily.
- Adjustments to our operations to ensure we are adhering to social distancing policies – For the safety of staff and patients, we are limiting the number of patients allowed into the building at a given time, limiting use of areas and adjusting our waiting room policies.
- As part of social distancing protocols, we are limiting visitors to patients only and if a caregiver is required, we ask that they do not enter the building. Should they need to wait for a patient, we ask that they do so safely from their car or an appropriate and safe location outside of the facility. Additionally, for the safety of patients and staff members we will be installing Plexiglas partitions in the patient reception/discharge areas.
- All doctors and staff members to wear proper protective gear – As usual, we will continue to require patient-facing staff to wear gloves and all staff to wear face coverings throughout our facility. We require all physicians to wash their hands in between each patient appointment and use hand sanitizer frequently. Additionally, all employees and physicians will get their temperature checked prior to their shifts.
- Patient face masks at all times – We will require all patients coming into the facility for an appointment to arrive wearing a face covering. In addition, we are reviewing capabilities to implement enhanced patient temperature screenings which you may be subject to upon arrival to the facility.
We look forward to seeing you soon!